First impressions don’t just apply to personal, face-to-face introductions—as a business owner or entrepreneur, the first time someone comes across your company’s name, product, or signage will also leave a lasting memory.
If you want that initial impression to be a positive one, be sure to put your most polished and professional foot forward.
One issue that companies face when trying to drum up a new business is how to stand apart from the seemingly endless competition.
Finding a way to make a splash with your business’s name or services can be difficult with so many other brands attempting to do the same.
For many, creating and dispersing customized envelopes is a way to attract that initial attention from prospective customers or clients.
Depending on your company’s particular needs and goals, utilizing customized envelopes may be just the ticket to taking your brand’s name to the next level of success.
How Custom Envelope Printing Benefits Your Business
If you’re on the fence about customizing envelopes with your brand or business’s name, logo, and other unique identifying attributes, consider the following points.
- The envelope containing your business materials is just as important as the contents. Before someone opens the envelope and gets to the “meat and potatoes” of what you’re selling or advertising, they see the outer packaging.
- A custom envelope that makes a striking impression will be much more likely to motivate the recipient to take whatever call to action you are seeking—such as signing up for a newsletter, making a direct purchase, visiting your company’s website, and more.
- In a world where everything is increasingly digital or online, there’s something special about receiving a tangible piece of communication that simply can’t be replicated.
- While a prospective client or customer may not remember every mass marketing email they received, a well-designed envelope with memorable marketing materials has a greater chance of making an impactful impression.
5 Ways to Customize Your Business Envelope Design
The creative process really comes to life when designing custom printed business envelopes. Your first impression upon potential clients will be one of distinctive taste and one they are not likely to soon forget when you consider the following ways to customize your business envelope design.
1. Consider the type of envelope
You want the recipient of your marketing materials to be intrigued as to the contents. The size, shape, and overall “tone” of the packaging should correlate to what is inside. For instance, “window” envelopes usually contain bills—something most people do not look forward to receiving. If you don’t want your envelope to be mistaken for a bill, avoid this envelope style.
2. Be clear on the message you want to deliver
While you want to convey your brand or business’s signature style, too many bright colors, fonts, or images may confuse or mislead the recipient.
3. Ensure all fonts fit the size and shape of the envelope
The last thing you want is for your custom envelope design to catch the recipient’s attention, only to have contact information or your logo running off the side/cut off/ink smeared so that it is illegible. If a potential customer or client must work too hard to find your contact information, they are probably going to lose interest and move on to a competitor.
4. Quality counts
If your envelope looks flimsy and cheap, the recipient will assume the contents are as well. If you’re already investing in the expense of designing physical pieces of mail, make sure you seek the services of a printing company that will get the job done right.
5. Add just the right amount of pizazz
There are ways you can ensure that your custom envelope catches the eye without going overboard. Framing the edges of the envelope with a colored border, incorporating your logo, or adding a “side splash” (a print style that refers to covering the majority of one side of the envelope with bold or brightly colored details) are all smart ways to draw attention to your business.
Connect with Professionals
Nothing says polished and professionally more than an expertly designed, clearly communicative customized envelope.
Other true professionals will recognize that level of attention to detail your envelopes are projecting, increasing the likelihood that they will want to connect and conduct business with you.
Reach your fellow consummate professionals for valuable networking connections with clean, concise, and creative marketing materials and watch your brand or business flourish.
Let Rite Graphics and Envelope tackle your customized envelope printing project for you.
In addition to envelopes, Rite Graphics can get your company noticed with their direct mail printing, commercial printing, and other promotional products.
As longtime experts in the industry, the team at Rite Graphics can transform your idea into a reality.
Don’t settle for less than the absolute best for your time and money—let the trusted team at Rite Graphics take your brand or business to the next level of style and success.
Call or email and let Rite Graphics execute your vision to perfection.