Everything You Need to Know About Direct Mail PrintingJune 1, 2022
Digital inboxes today are often full of mail like the latest sales, news you should check out, or the ever-annoying and endless spam emails. This digital clutter makes it difficult for targeted messages to get through to intended audiences. Many people are looking to their physical mailbox for ads and information rather than being bombarded with countless, never-ending emails lost in an inbox.
Direct mail printing is how your business can reach existing and new clients.
What Is Direct Mail Marketing?
Direct mail marketing involves sending physical mail containing information about a business, company, or service to the mailbox of potential or existing clients. It is an alternative to the ever-popular digital mail correspondence that frustrates many. B2C (business-to-consumer) and B2B (business-to-business) sales use direct mail printing to reach potential clients.
How Effective Is Direct Mail in 2022?
You may be surprised to find that many people find direct mail effective at getting their attention. The physical aspect of direct mail often means that the new information will stay fresh in someone’s mind.
The colors, fonts, eye-catching graphics, or even advertising of the latest sale are more likely to receive attention than if sent electronically. People also feel special receiving physical mail, so their reception to getting something, even from a company unfamiliar to them, is likely off to a good start.
Those who send direct mail are likely to have more responses than those who don’t. Trying it out will help you determine whether your organization is missing out on potential clients attracted by direct mail printing.
The steps to organizing a direct mail campaign are simple:
- Produce a targeted mailing list after performing research.
- Give your campaign SMART marketing goals (Smart, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Timely).
- Figure out a reasonable budget for your campaign.
- Create a stunning and professional mail piece to send out.
- Experiment with the direct mail printing and perform a test send first.
- Execute the campaign.
- Track and assess your results to determine the outcomes.
What works well for your campaign may serve you well in your business’s next one.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Direct Mail
The best way to spread information about your business and services might be through direct mail. Direct mail printing offers both advantages and disadvantages you should consider before beginning your campaign.
Advantages of Direct Mail
- Mail services put your direct mail campaign right at someone’s door. Your business is already on someone’s mind when you send them physical mail. They are more likely to buy something or contact you due to the positive feeling direct mail printing gives people.
- You can put your creative spin on physical mail that sets your business apart.
- It shows a personal and meaningful level of care for potential clients. People sometimes see email messages as forceful or spammy, making them feel impersonal.
Disadvantages of Direct Mail
- It may be challenging to find a strong mailing list for your direct mail printing. However, if you come up with a good list, your results will show it. A house list and a product list are solid first steps, separating established clients or customers from potential or future ones.
- People may throw away physical mail or overlook your business because they consider it “junk mail.”
A Few Tips to Consider
Check and Double-Check Your Work
It is crucial to check your direct mail printing before sending it out in large batches. The last thing you want is to discover your campaign was unsuccessful due to a poorly placed graphic or a small typo that you could easily fix.
There are various design templates to choose from, and you can incorporate your brand or business’s colors on the mail. Choose a design that speaks to you and your business.
Determine the Right Size for Your Mail Piece
The hardest thing for you could be determining the mailpiece type and size.
There are many popular types, such as catalogs, envelopes, letters, self-mailers, and postcards. Envelopes and postcards often have more size options to choose from. Consider your campaign goals beforehand to determine the type of mail piece needed to drive more sales.
At Rite Envelope & Graphics Inc., we are the mail experts who can help you with direct mail campaigns. We make direct mail printing simple, affordable, and efficient. Our unmatched customer service ensures you have all of the tools you need for your business or nonprofit mailing needs.
Call us at 866-575-4542 to learn what we can do for your direct mail printing campaign!