Business owners need to know how to choose the right letterhead design in order to convey essential information and create the right image for their companies.
It’s impossible to over-estimate the importance of letterhead design and the role it plays in a company’s branding and marketing efforts. Business owners and team managers often face the prospect of coming up with these ideas and don’t know where to begin. Fortunately, professional printers have the experience to guide owners, show them various templates, offer examples of effective letterheads in current use, and discuss how to use the company’s logo or brand identity to build a powerful design from scratch.
There’s a lot to consider including whether the company already uses a well-known logo, whether the organization has an existing letterhead design to use as a starting point, or whether the new letterhead will be built from “the ground up.” An experienced printing firm knows how to guide a client through the entire process and help with the choice of color schemes, paper, layout, and other components of the final creation.
The Many Components of Effective Letterhead Design
The most memorable, effective letterhead designs are made up of a precise mixture of essential elements. Part art and part science, the ideal letterhead for a corporate marketing campaign or more traditional business correspondence is no accident. It’s the result of a carefully crafted plan that takes many things into account. For starters, content plays a key role because in most cases there is at least some basic address and name data that must be included within the letterhead itself.
Additionally, powerful, communicative letterhead design ideas include other components like the right style and size of font, an appropriate color scheme, a paper that matches the overall effect of the other parts of the design, a layout that makes sense and looks great, and branding elements that match the company’s logo and colors. Like any other work of art, the best letterhead designs contain a vast array of puzzle pieces that have to work together in order to develop a memorable end product. Done correctly, letterhead designs can become an important part of any company’s arsenal of marketing tools.
Tips for Choosing Effective Letterhead Designs
There are dozens of things to consider when choosing letterhead. The following six items are the most important ones to think about as you choose a design idea that meshes with your company’s marketing and branding efforts:
- Content: Content is a necessary piece of the letterhead design. Some companies wish to include just the essentials like phone, address, and corporate name. Others prefer to add things like a list of regional offices, officers’ names, email addresses, and websites. When choosing letterhead, try to decide on the exact content to include before moving on to the more “artistic” parts of the design. Use the “keep it simple” rule in order to avoid a cluttered look.
- Font: Choose a font that matches whatever your company already uses in its materials unless you want to venture out and create an entirely new branding identity. It typically makes sense to match the font style for at least the branded corporate materials. If your organization is new, be very careful to choose a font that conveys the overall sense of the corporate mission.
- Color: It’s easy to become overwhelmed when choosing letterhead colors because the schemes and combinations are virtually endless. If there are already company brand colors, try to match them in your new letterhead, or if you’re a startup with no designated brand colors in place, let a professional printer assist you with choosing two or three hues that match your industry and product or service category.
- Paper: Choosing paper can be a challenge but it’s wise to opt for a heavier paper stock if you wish to convey a serious, professional image. Weight means a lot when it comes to making a subtle but lasting impression on clients. The default color for most letterhead paper is white or a variation of white, unless your established branding style calls for a color like blue, green, or another solid color.
- Layout: There’s a lot of variation in corporate letterhead styles so be sure to consider several possibilities before deciding on what works best for your brand. It’s easy to spend several hours just viewing dozens of different layout options that can work for your design goals.
- Brand: For companies that already have branded materials like logos, signage, business cards, and other printed matter, it’s almost always a good idea to match letterhead to those existing designs. Still, there’s plenty of variation in creating a letterhead that shows off the company’s branded colors, styles, and overall visual effect. Choose similar color schemes but don’t feel tied to duplicating existing brand styles, colors, layouts, or content.
Take Action and Get Results
At Rite Envelope & Graphics Inc., we make sure that every client gets the very best letterhead designs for their particular purposes. Since 1994, our team has been delivering top-quality printing services to companies located all over the U.S. Call today and speak with one of our experts to find out how we can help you. We’re always happy to give you a free quote on any job, large or small. Professional letterhead design is an art that calls for experienced professionals who know how to put all the elements together to create the ideal overall look.
Let our team show you how to make your ideas into a letterhead design that will enhance your marketing efforts and create a lasting impression with clients who receive your printed matter in the mail. Feel free to browse our entire listing of services at our website, https://ritegraphics.com. Or simply call us at 610-981-2373. Why wait? Now is the best time to begin creating letterhead concepts that make a difference. We proudly serve the entire U.S. market from four offices: Washington, DC; New York, NY; Baltimore, MD;and Philadelphia, PA.