For business owners who want to maximize brand identity, enhance the effectiveness of marketing campaigns, and leave a positive impression with every person who views their envelopes, customization is the key that unlocks the door of success. Stock envelopes simply aren’t meant to be used as professional marketing pieces and are best used for non-commercial purposes.
Still,when you get down to details, it’s good to know the main differences between stock envelopes and custom business envelopes. Aside from the obvious fact that custom envelopes for business are ideally suited for specific sales and marketing campaigns, there are other differences between these two kinds of envelopes.
Custom business envelope printing is an art form that calls for professional-level experience and a high degree of technical competence.
Recognize the Advantage of Custom Business over Stock Envelopes
Many people would say the advantages of custom envelopes over stock are obvious, but there’s more to the issue. Stock manufactured envelopes serve their purpose quite well and have been around for more than a century—they are used for all sorts of purposes. They aren’t “inferior” to custom-printed envelopes; they’re just used for different purposes.
Perhaps the central difference between the two types of envelopes is how they are used. For non-business purposes, stock pieces work well. Businesses that don’t do much marketing and simply send out routine correspondence to customers and vendors often opt for stock printed envelopes to cut costs.
But any organization whose aim is to make a profit and connect with current customers and potential customers typically uses custom printed business envelopes for multiple reasons. Here’s a short summary of the main differences between these two kinds of envelopes:
Stock manufactured envelopes:
- Can meet some requirements for industry-specific designs: For sending simple bills and some types of standard correspondence, stock can be an acceptable choice.
- Often contain variances in large orders due to massive levels of replication: Due to massive print runs, there are some inherent variances in pieces. This is not a good match for any client who wants every envelope to look great and be exactly the same size as every other piece in the batch.
- Come in standard sizes with almost no room for any type of modification: There are several pre-set sizes but nothing can be customized. Your choices are limited and you’ll have to adjust all your interior matter to the size of the stock manufactured envelope you choose.
- Usually come in just a few pre-set sizes and colors: There’s not much in the way of choice when it comes to color. Most stock pieces are available in just a few standard colors.
- Can be used for a diverse range of business-to-business purposes: Whatever the business-to-business purpose, envelopes that are customized can carry any message and create any impression you want.
- Are ideal for project-specific purposes: The beauty of customization is that you have the power to change all the design elements and content from project to project.
- Work well for special events, unique projects and even as coupons: It’s often effective to let your envelopes serve as coupons—announcements for important campaigns. You make the call when it comes to key elements of design like color, size, the number and style of windows, whether or not you need interior tinting, the location of printing, and the kind of paper used in the piece. For most businesses, special marketing events like year-end sales and seasonal promotions represent a significant part of the annual budget. Specialized envelopes are a must when it comes to getting the word out;it’s essential to make an impression on everyone who sees the piece.
- Can be printed from the client’s own rolls of paper or specialized parchment: Many organizations prefer to use their own paper stock for envelopes, letters, flyers, and brochures. This is just one way to add a coordinated feel to a mailing and sets custom printed envelopes apart from stock.
- Are available in full-color, unique/unusual measurements, with interior tinting, and with multiple die-cut windows: When “off the beaten path” is the watchword of your marketing and sales campaign, envelopes in unique sizes with several windows and color-interior tinting can really make a statement.
- Make memorable announcements for official corporate events like stockholders’ meetings: Nothing makes an invitee feel more welcome than a tailor-made envelope that contains a written invitation to a corporate awards ceremony, stockholders’ meeting or annual get-together.
- Can be made in standard sizes but with unique styling like specialized graphics, an array of colors, printing on the flap or back: There’s no reason to limit yourself to front-printed envelopes. Use the back or even the flap to add special, attention-getting wording that will be noticed and stand out from the other mail clients receive.
- Often are printed on premium paper for an excellent addition to a coordinated marketing campaign: This is a way to really make a synchronized advertising effort look cohesive. Using the same weight and color of premium paper can show clients that your company pays attention to details and knows how to get things done.
Take Action and Get Results
There’s a huge difference between stock and custom envelopes. Entrepreneurs can ramp up the effectiveness of their marketing projects with top-notch envelope designs. Customized envelopes can help broaden your customer base, put muscle into your brand identity and make a lasting impression on anyone who views your organization’s logo on a high-quality mailing, invoice, or special announcement.
View all of our top-rated services at https://ritegraphics.com. Or call us directly at 610-981-2373. There’s no reason to put it off any longer. You can get results right now when you let the professionals at Rite Envelope & Graphics Inc. work on your custom order. Our team will welcome the chance to work with your input or simply show you thousands of powerful, memorable designs that will boost your entire marketing effort.
Our team members have years of experience helping business people bring their own ideas to life. We’ll happily assist you every step of the way and show you what’s hot for 2020 in the field of envelope design. The choice is yours. Take your pick from brand-new designs, updated versions of old favorites, or modified creations that are a perfect fit for your campaign.
At Rite Envelope & Graphics Inc., we proudly cater to the vast U.S. marketplace from our key headquarter sites in Washington, DC; New York, NY; Baltimore, MD; and Philadelphia, PA.